Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Metabolic Efficiency - Day 1

The "study" has begun! Today was day 1 of my Metabolic Efficiency journey. It was a crazy day, with me dropping my dog off at the vet for a teeth cleaning (that went well) and on my way there the bolt to the crankshaft dampener cracked or came out. Got the car to the shop, but boy...it could be expensive!

Exercise-wise I did a 20 minute core routine before breakfast. mid-morning I walked about a mile (0.5 each way) to a PT appointment - they are working on my shoulders (neck and back) to loosen me up. The goal is to get more range of motion, as I'm limited right now, so that I can swim faster.

But meal-wise things went well! Since I'm blogging daily, I'll keep these brief with a summary of how it went and some photos of my meals. Every so often we'll throw in some metrics, like now!
Starting weight by my scale: 136.2
Body fat by my scale: 23.8%
ISAK skin fold had me at 16.6% body fat. If I had to guess, I'm probably in the middle...but we don't care so much about the numbers right now. I'll weigh weekly and that's it.

I'd prepped myself for the last couple weeks trying out some meals so I was prepared for what was to come.
Here are some pictures of my meals.
Breakfast - yogurt w/whey protein, fruit and Peanut Butter

Lunch: spinach salad with 1/2 avocado and 1 can tuna with EVOO/balsamic vinegar dressing

Snack of cottage cheese, grapes, cantalope, milled flax seed and cinnamon

Dinner - baked salmon with lemon pepper&dill, and sauted asparagus and cauliflower.
The meals when well and when I got hungry, I wasn't starving. Although I admit I'm hungry now, but it's been over 3 hours since dinner...probably grab a small glass of soy milk before crashing for the night.

So let's call day 1 a success - no whole grains or processed foods were consumed. And count 'em, 8-9 servings of fruit and veggies! Now I better get some sleep!

4 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck! Your plan looks very similar to my plan. I am struggling but I hope I can continue to progress! I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will do 100% better than me!

Good luck with the car!

Nicole said...

Thanks Christi - your Operation Iron posts helped give me the idea to do this. Just take each day at a time, each meal at a time and each workout at a time and you will do great!

Terry Odell said...

What have you done with Picky Nickie?

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

Nicole said...

haha! Not sure where she went. But it's probably a good thing! Or maybe I'm just picky about other foods...