Saturday, December 11, 2010

Metabolic Efficiency - Day 11 - Half way there!

Day 11. Only ten more days in my "study" after today. Am I noticing anything? Hard to say, but I do think my jeans are a tad looser. I definitely have energy despite not getting enough sleep all last week. I've been staying up too late (working) and only getting about 6 hours of sleep, which isn't ideal. I could feel that I am tired, but I think because my blood sugar wasn't going through surges, overall I felt I was able to get through it. I got 8 hours of sleep last night and hope for another 8+ tonight and through next week, which still might be hard due to everything I need to get done.

Alright, so let's look at the foods for today!
Breakfast started with just a banana and peanut butter. I wasn't terribly hungry after last night's meal (my estimates on TrainingPeaks have it at 1400 calories! yikes). But it fueled my strength training workout and my easy bike workout. After my workout I got showered up and then cooked up some eggs and veggies.
2eggs + 1 egg white, 1/2 zucchini, spinach topped w/salsa
Around 2pm I needed a snack so I chopped up an apple, mixed it with some raisins and a few pomegranate kernels I still had, topped with greek yogurt and cinnamon.
yum!
5pm I needed a snack so I made a smoothie with banana, frozen strawberries, soy milk, vanilla whey protein and a tiny bit of peanut butter. No photo of this but it was good!

8:30pm it was time for dinner so I made this:
Chicken tenders (you can't see it well, but there is ~3-4oz of chicken breast under the salsa. The salsa is avocado, corn, tomato, red pepper and red onion tossed in a tiny bit of olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar. Tim really like this. It's good on salmon too.
there is chicken under there, I promise!
So that was today. I ate a bit less than usual today, but probably because I ate more than normal yesterday. Come back tomorrow for the day 12 update and what I did at my nephew's 3rd birthday party. Will I eat cake??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! The food looks great!

Christi said...

I went off plan today and had one sugar cookie!

Nicole said...

Christi - if all you did off plan was to eat one sugar cookie, your're doing pretty good!