Monday, December 20, 2010

Metabolic Efficiency - Day 20 - Leftovers

Two more days left in my metabolic efficiency study. Wow. Today and tomorrow and that's it. Well, as I mentioned earlier, it's not really it. It's the end of the formal study, so I won't be blogging quite every day with pictures of my food, but I like how I feel and what I'm doing so I will continue on this way and provide periodic updates. If you are interested in learning more about Metabolic Efficiency, check out Bob Seebohar's book, Metabolic Efficiency Training. He's also got a Metabolic Efficiency facebook community page. Check it out and join in on the fun!

Let's get to today....
7:00am-ish is breakfast time - I made a slight change to my yogurt/protein/cocoa/peanut butter mix and had mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries) with the banana. I buy frozen packages of fruit so it makes having a variety quite easy.

I went in for another PT session before work. We're adding more rotator cuff strengthening these days. I still haven't graduated from the 1lb weights, but I'm doing a few more reps and my form is good!

By 10:30 I'm hungry again, this time I eat the fruit salad with cottage cheese and cinnamon. That's pineapple, cantaloupe, green grapes and pomegranate in there, I promise! At least 2 cups of chopped fruit with about 1 cup of cottage cheese.

yum. just yum.
At noon I headed off to the gym for a run. 4.32 miles on the treadmill - max pace 5.8mph at 0.5% incline. The weather was warm, but the wind gusts were 50+mph all morning so I opted to stay indoors. Plus the gym has a foam roller so I'm more likely to stretch longer if I run on the treadmill. When I get back to work I am hungry so I eat both my salmon & black bean salad. I used the salmon leftover from Friday's lunch. Underneath is spinach, broccoli, and green pepper. The stuff on top is swiss chard and red onion. Used a wishbone red wine vinaigrette dressing.
Leftover salmon from Friday's lunch.
 I'm still a little hungry so I eat the pear and walnut salad I brought.
Leftover pear and some walnuts
I'm a little hungry before I drive home so I have a small snack of a clementine and a few almonds. Not much, but enough to tide me over during the drive home. Before I eat dinner, I got some new music in the mail, along with a couple guitar picks (I actually do have an electric guitar...and drums, and a bass guitar, and a keyboard...anyone want to jam?), and a new shirt. Either it's a late Hanukkah or early Christmas present. Either way I'm happy.
a present I bought myself arrived today. :)
Hungry for dinner now, I reheat the leftover chicken veggie stir fry from Saturday and add some corn & blackbean salsa on the side.

Day 20 of this 21 day study is about over! I'll see you tomorrow and a final study summary will be posted on Wednesday (12/22) evening.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Congratulations on a successful study!