Thursday, December 02, 2010

Metabolic Efficiency - Day 2

I made it through day 1 with no issues, so now it's time to tackle day 2.

Workouts: I didn't get a workout in today - I got to bed late last night so slept in as long as I could to get ready for work. I got a ride in from a colleague, as my car is still in the shop and didn't bring in any workout clothes to get a run in over lunch.

Meals: Here we go!
My yogurt/whey like yesterday, but with strawberries!
This rocks - carrot/apple/cranberry/celery/walnut salad with greek yogurt and cinnamon. YUM!
Last night's leftovers!
Spinach/tofu/avocado/cranberry salad...not quite right
Not pictured: a handful of peanuts and raisins I had right before I left work.

So the meals today were great...except for dinner. Looks good though, doesn't it? I made the cranberry sauce per the package of cranberries, but of course left out the sugar. But now I know why all cranberry products have added sugar. Can we say TART? So I ended up scraping off most of the cranberries. I will have to figure out what to make with the remaining cranberry sauce, as I don't want to add sugar, but I'll need to do something with it!

So I mentioned I would be tracking my meals in TrainingPeaks. Here's a partial screen shot of the daily view. I can also track daily metrics (remember I'm not weighing myself but once a week). The slider scales allow me to track how I'm feeling. I'm a little sore from my PT sessions, and tired because I haven't gotten enough sleep these last few nights. No workouts for today, and I've hidden the nutrition tab with meal specifics, but you can see how it provides a summary chart of the total macronutrients by calories and grams. I'll be able to create summary reports each week to see how I'm doing overall. These reports will get posted on my NEO Endurance Sports & Fitness blog.



That's it for today! Come back tomorrow for day 3 progress!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Keep up the awesome work!