Saturday, December 11, 2010

Metabolic Efficiency - Day 10 - Another Holiday Party!

Here we go! Ten days into my metabolic efficiency study and I've got yet another holiday party looming in the evening. Shall we dig in to the day?

The day in the typical fashion, smoothie for breakfast. One of these days I'll remember to get a picture of these smoothies. I really enjoy consuming these - I could have these several times a day. every day.
That tided me over until about 11am, but I just had a quick snack before heading off to a meeting. A clementine and some mixed nuts. When I got back from my meeting I was definitely ready for a meal. Lunch was a spinach and baby carrot salad, leftover black bean chicken from the meal the night before with another clementine for "dessert." This was actually quite filling.

ahhhh I found the black bean in the black bean chicken!
When I got home ~5pm I was hungry and knew I needed a snack before heading up to Lone Tree for the holiday party. I had some greek yogurt with pineapple and strawberries (from frozen fruit so they look a little soggy but still delicious!), and used some cinnamon for extra flavor.


And here we go! Holiday Party #3 of the season...
First stop - the bar so I could enjoy a Fat Tire. I sipped this all night.


I didn't take pictures of the appetizers the waiters were walking around but here's what I ate:
2 deviled eggs, one salmon flavor, one chicken. Salmon was good, chicken not so much.
1 piece of proscuitto wrapped cantaloupe.
2 cheese stuffed mushrooms.

At around 7:30pm we sat down to dinner. The salad had some sort of granola with dried cranberries and mozzerella cheese (I think). This was really good!


The main course - salmon topped with pineapple salsa on a bed of wild rice pilaf with grilled vegetables. I'll just say that the salmon I bake is MUCH better. This was dry. I ate about 3/4 of the rice and salmon, but I did eat all the salsa and the grilled veggies.

It's not a holiday party without dessert, and when you are trying to eat metabolically efficient, isn't carrot cake the way to go? I'm guessing this cake was previously frozen. It tasted good, but not super fresh. But you bet I cleaned my plate!

I guess this was my deviation meal for the week. Overall it was actually pretty healthy and the portions were quite reasonable. I enjoyed it for sure, but I also am enjoying the meals I am eating during the week. I'll see you back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Yummy, carrot cake! I love how well you are doing! I am very proud of myself. I went to happy hour last night and stuck to my diet to include no beer! Woo Hoo!

Nicole said...

Way to go Christi! Awesome to stick with the plan!