Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Quick Update

Last night was the Kickoff for the 2008 Summer TNT Season. Right now we have about 14 triathlon team members, about a third doing the long course race and half doing either the 5430 Sprint or Loveland Lake to Lake Olympic. I'm very excited to have the opportunity to help coach this group - we have quite a few TNT alumni along with some motivated first time TNT-ers.


Today's workouts:
1700 yd swim before work. That's right, folks - I get up early to swim before work. I have to be at work at 8am and the pool opens at 6:30. That gives me 45-60 minutes of swim time.
250 mixed stroke warm up
8x25 drills (focussed on high elbows)
5x150 with 15s rest
4x25 fast w/20s rest
6x25 kicking
250yd mixed stroke cool down.

Didn't get the chance to work on flip turns today - I think Friday I'll have a little extra time since I will do a shorter workout. I hope there is hot tub time as well!

30min easy run at lunch. Ran 3 laps of Quail lake at an easy pace. Then I did 4 sets of strides. I found a fairly flat section of sidewalk and accelerated from sign post to sign post - probably pretty close to 100yds. The weather was absolutely amazing! I think it was in the mid-50s when I ran and it got ove 60 degrees today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 20s (yuck!) and snowy, though "they" keep revising the snow forecast lower and lower (don't mind that).

No comments: