Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Farewell to Taekwondo for now

A bit of a sad night but when something must end, something else must begin. In order to keep my sanity (and probably my marriage!) I had to make a compromise. I just don't think I can manage both taekwondo and triathlon training if I am going to be an assistant coach for the Colorado Springs Team in Training triathlon team. So tonight I dropped by the dojang to let Master Kunkel and some of the black belts know I have to take a break for this great opportunity. It's been a fantastic 3 years training at the US Taekwondo Academy, and how many people say they have trained with an olympian? I've made a lot of great friends and the dojang has been a wonderful social outlet for me (not to mention a physical outlet!) I hope I do stay in touch with the people there. I suppose things like this have double sided emotions. I've been doing it for so long that I am sad to go, but on the other hand, I'm leaving for an exciting opportunity. There's got to be a good metaphor for these situations...

Time to get ready for bed, as tomorrow is another morning of swimming! (The sun was out today so my bathing suit didn't freeze!)

No comments: