Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cycling for a Cure

It's year #5 with Team In Training! Hard to believe I've been involved with this great program since 2006! Last year I ran a marathon, this year I'm going to participate in the Moab Century Tour. Yep, I'm going to ride 100 miles....in one day (September 18, 2010)...in Moab, Utah.

But in order to do this I need your help! I've committed to raising $2500 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Your 100% tax-deductible contribution will help patients of blood cancers and their families with support groups, monetary assistance with treatment related costs (e.g. gas money to travel for treatment), as well as fund research in labs that are searching for cures to blood cancers. More information can be found at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society website.

A donation of just $100 can significantly impact a family dealing with this disease. Please visit this secure website to make a tax-deductuble contribution of any amount you can afford: http://pages.teamintraining.org/rm/moabtour10/ndrummer

And what is fundraising without any incentives? If you contribute $50 or more, I will put your name or a name of your choice on my bike jersey. If you contribute $100 or more, the name goes on my bike. $250 or more will get something I haven't thought of yet (feel free to send me ideas!).

1 comment:

Terry Odell said...

Well, you could offer a limited edition autographed copy of a really good book. :-)