Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hey Hey Hey - Happy 2009!

It's almost time to retire to the couch to watch the 2nd half of the Orange Bowl, but I thought I'd make a quick post.

I hope everyone is excited for the new year! Tim and I had a low-key New Year's Eve, as he came down with some sort of bug. We were going to have a few friends come over to watch movies and such, but since he was running a fever and had a little GI discomfort, we opted to cancel. So instead we watched LSU pound Georgia Tech and went to bed well before midnight. Tim is feeling a lot better today. phew.

My new year is off to a nice start. Today, despite being defined as a lazy day and a training rest day, has actually been somewhat productive. My goals for the new year include creating an endurance sport coaching business, so I've been working on that. I've got solid drafts of my coaching philosophy, basic training packages, and my bio page. I've also put together a draft training/nutrition log. I know there are quite a few resources online for training logs, but I'm creating my own with the information I want to record and with the information I want from my future clients.

The obligatory "resolutions" and goals:
  • Start my coaching company (NEO Endurance Sports)
  • Resume blogging with weekly banana recipes!
  • Save $$ for a new house
  • Become even more efficient managing my time (a must with a day job, training and coaching!)
  • Finish Iroman 70.3 Kansas in under 6 hrs.
  • Fishish the Denver Marathon (ideally sub 3:40 to qualify for Boston, but just finishing will be fine with me!)
  • Be a strong contributor in my day job as a photolithography engineer

There you have 'em. Here's to a healthy, happy, and amazingly fun 2009!

No comments: