Saturday, December 24, 2011

Spread that Holiday Cheer!

Nothing like a white Christmas (or Hanukkah!)
Happy 4th day of Hanukkah (5th night starts tonight so we're on the 4th day) and Merry Christmas Eve! I went for a run today at Fox Run Regional Park, a very hilly park a few miles from my house. I've done a lot of training runs here in the past, and it's great for building leg strength!

One loop of the park is about 3 miles with somewhere around 400 feet of gain. Today it felt like I was going up the whole time. But wow- what an amazing day - sun shining, snowy hills, and plenty of fresh air. I definitely appreciate my surroundings!

For the rest of the day I will kick back a bit and cook dinner for my husband and his parents. If you are interested, the menu is cornish game hens with a red currant & raisin sauce, roasted sweet potato spears with bacon vinaigrette, mixed vegetable, and french silk pie for dessert. His mom usually cooks a meal so this year I decided it was my turn!

I hope you all enjoy time with friends and family, and enjoy the beauty of your surroundings no matter where you are.

Happy Holidays!


Terry Odell said...

And tomorrow, there will be latkes, rugelach and more.

Chuck said...

God bless and merry Christmas Nicole!

Nicole said...

Thanks, Chuck! Merry Christmas! and mom - looking forward to it!