- Body position: not bad - I might lift my head up slightly to breathe, but not too much.
- Kick: could be tighter, but I think it is improved.
- Hand entry: Awful. My right hand does OK, but my left crosses over all the time (it is why I was always pulling right in the open water!)
- Catch: Probably wait just a tad too long to start the catch, but better than I had been.
- Pull: According to Shannon, looks good. I think my elbows are high, though I may cut the stroke a little short?
- Recovery - shoulder problem here. Don't get that high rotation so I tend to swing my arm wide. Trying to get a long reach may be causing the crossing over.
So I'm probably swimming a few extra yards down the pool trying to stay straight (that line on the bottom keeps you on track). I think the biggest thing for me to work on is my hand entry. If I can get it in front of my shoulder and not in front of my face, I'll save myself a lot of energy and some time. It won't be easy since I thought I already fixed this once...
4x300 with 1min rest
200yd cool down
Total yards: 2200
(Cold and rainy today so I did it on the trainer in the evening)
2x14min @ threshold (hr ~172) with 10min active recovery
Total time: 1:15:00
Time for bed and some positive visualisation of hand entry in front of the shoulder, not the head!