Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What a workout!

With temps in the upper 70s today (tomorrow will be mid-40s- if you can believe that!) I finally got to wear shorts and a short sleeved shirt to track practice! And boy did Coach Mitch throw one at us. Well, not really, but he did surprise us with a best effort timed mile so he could update our pacing cards. I was pretty pleased with my time - 7:11. I'm pretty sure that's the fastest mile I have ever run. It'd be nice if I could go sub-7 one of these days.

The rest of the workout was as follows:
1200 at I pace
800 at I pace
400 at R pace
2x200 @ R pace (form focus) w/200 recoveries
Plyometrics (high knees, butt kickers, skipping and bounding)
Core/strength (planks/crunches/tuck jumps, etc - "killer" stuff!)

This morning I got a good swim in as well:
300 yd warm-up
8x25 drill set
8x100 with 5s rest
8x25 kicking set
300 yd cool down
-------
1800 total yards

Time to set up my bike on the trainer to get a good morning ride in tomorrow.

No comments: